Wednesday 19 January 2011

Dishoom 2, Upper St Martin Lane (Leicester Sq.) - second visit

Jan-7th count around 15pp for naan, a main, a dessert and a drink.

Last post about Dishoom was a praise to the place. Second time is not different. I like that place. It's funny how so many bloggers recently wrote reviews about Dishoom. I almost feel bad I write a good review, like so many other bloggers (!). But hey, you cannot change someone: when food is good, I sit, enjoy and feast.

No need to praise the place again, read first post for that. In a word Dishoom is really a great place to go to with friends to enjoy great Indian food.

Service was still as good as first time and, for a change, I went undercover this time !

I had a "thums up". For novice, it's the Indian version of the Coke. The brand was bought by The Coca Cola Company in 1993. I would recommend to try.

Thums Up - Indian version of Coca Cola

I tried as well the sheekh kabak which was great, slightly dry but otherwise nice and flavored to perfection.

 Sheekh Kabak - explosion of flavours

Two general comments about Dishoom. The only disappointment is the quality of the meat (chicken AND lamb) is not the best. It's good but not excellent... but again for this price you cannot expect the moon. The good comment is they do know how to cook Indian food and they serve it in the rules of the art. That more than offsets the bad comment by the way. Go there, try their food, and enjoy.

I finished the dinner with a rose and cardamon lassi. That was very tasty. Now, if I am honest, salty lassis are supposed to be watery, not too thick, as opposed to sweet ones which are supposed to be very thick. This one was too watery for me, not thick enough. For this reason, I consider Dishoom a better place for salty lassis than sweet ones.

Photos to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment